Holiday Walls and Rivets

Over the holiday break I was able to get a good deal of work done until the cold weather hit. 30 degree weather and rain made it nearly impossible to work on the bus. I’m continuing to drill holes into the walls for the rivet installation, but it has not been a quick process. I drill 30 holes per post and I have 28 posts. Each post takes 45 minutes to drill. You do the math. It sucks.

Pictured here, over 2 hours of work.


To mix things up I started laying my sub-floor. Using 2x2x8’s I’ve laid out the framework. I’m hesitating to put in much more wood as the final doors aren’t in yet. As soon as they’re in, I will be able to test for watertightness. I will be incorporating 2” of foamboard insulation on the floor and walls and probably 3” on the ceiling. Woodworking is what I know I’ll enjoy the most on this build.



Back looking to the front...

Looking towards what will eventually be the bedroom...


Electrical planning is going well. My goal now is to have 1,200 watts (4 x 320w) of solar panels with  about 600w in 12v battery storage. This will more than cover a refrigerator, water pump, computer(s), and my inverter. My goal is to able to survive in up to 3 days of rain before I need to start reducing my electricity usage. I don’t have a lot of electic appliances either (toaster, coffeemaker, etc... so this is a very viable way for me to live.

Comments

Popular Posts