First Coat Down

The first coat of primer is down!

After last night's Ospho treatment, tonight was paint night. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes to the look and feel of the space. I decided to slather the paint over the entirety of the inside of the bus. I'd really prefer to never have to worry about rust ever again.... especially after I've built furniture inside. I've got half a can of primer left, so I'm going to caulk all the floor gaps and then while they dry, get to work on painting the ceiling over the cockpit.

#NoFilter
Rustoleum's Rusty Metal Primer is fantastic from what I've gathered. I can't really have imagined any other option, especially after looking at how it covered the floor. It says that its also fine for use on previously painted metal as long as it is clean. I left the seat rail section unpainted because I didn't know I could paint previously painted metal. Oh well. I'll take care of that tomorrow too.

Friday I'm planning on putting a top layer enamel on the floor and seat rail section as I figure they'll need the most rust repelling power.

Before the Rustoleum Metal Primer
She's a beaut!

Comments

Popular Posts